Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We are Thankful!!!

It's the night before Thanksgiving. My Candied Coconut Sweet Potatoes are baking in the oven for tomorrow's feast. Everyone else in the family is sound asleep. The house is quiet and I can sit and reflect on the many things I am thankful for this year. Life hasn't been perfect. Who's is!?! But, even with it's ups and downs I can say "We have truly been blessed"!!!

This is "Mr. Gobble". He is a turkey we made a few weeks ago during Family Home Evening. We drew pictures and wrote down things that we are thankful for on the feathers. Things like food, home, family, temple, Dad's graduation, Dad's job, the scriptures, friends, school, and more. He has been sitting proudly on a shelf reminding us to be thankful for our blessings. We are looking forward to tomorrow -- a day of Thanksgiving! Parades, football games, family gatherings, fabulous food. Lot's to be thankful for...

No comments: