Saturday was not only Valentine's Day, but Arizona's birthday and my mom decided to throw a big party. As if throwing a reception the night before wasn't enough (my Mom is amazing by the way). We barbequed, made ice-cream sundaes, played games, and ate left over wedding cake which was now "birthday cake". Arizona is now 97 years old. The kids (and adults) had a great time. Thanks Mom!!
As I mentioned before, Saturday was Valentine's Day. It has become a fun family holiday for us. We made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and sent the kids on a treasure hunt for their valentine's goodies from us. Dinner was a "romantic" candlelight dinner for 6!! And of course I can't let Valentine's day (or any other holiday for that matter) go by without sugar cookies. Growing up my Mom would make us each a giant heart-shaped sugar cookie. I have carried on that tradition with my own family. Whew, what a weekend. And it's only half over. I'm looking forward to a quiet Sunday. Monday is President's Day. Kimball and the kids have the day off from work and school. No special plans yet...I wonder is they make a cookie cutter in the shape of George Washington or Abe Lincoln...hmmmmmmmm
Mike and Kristi West. Welcome to the family Mike!!
At the end of their treasure hunt they found a basket full of craft supplies. They were so excited, they love doing "projects"
Playing football with the uncles at the Arizona birthday party
Our candlelight valentine's dinner
Carrigan enjoying her cookie.
2 comments:
I need to make a bigger deal about Valentines Day. I just gave my kids a sucker but your kids look totally excited to get that basket! My kids would love a treasure hunt too. We were all too sick to do much of a Valentine's Day anyway. Seeing Carrigan with her cookie makes me sad I didn't make any of those this year. Is it too late to make Valentine's cookies?
You guys are awesome. I really need to make the holidays a bigger deal. Lets see, I stole the "pick your own cereal tradition" for Christmas, I may have to start the "candlelight dinner" one too now! You are such a great Mommy!
Post a Comment