Kimball and I always try to do a fun Valentine's Day FHE the Monday before the holiday. This year we told a cute story that was shared by Elder Oaks called, "The Love Drawer" (we found the story on Sugardoodle). The story was about a mother who had a long-term illness. She saved all of the notes and cards that people had given to her during this time in the top drawer of her nightstand. She called it her "love drawer". It helped her to remember that people loved and cared about her. It reminded her that her Heavenly Father loved and cared about her.
We decided that our family would make "love pockets" to hang on our bedroom doors. During the next week we can sneak little notes or drawings or goodies into the pockets for each other. The kids are really excited about this. We are hoping it will fill our home with feelings of love for each other.
We ended with yummy treats. Aunt Janell gave us a recipe for "cinnamon pastries". They were really good! Thanks Janell!!
2 comments:
You are my hero! You do such a good job planning F.H.E. I know you say that sugardoodle helps you but at least you try. We just end up grabbing a picture out of the gospel art kit and talk about it.
Wow that sounds like the best FHE. I was shocked when I saw teh pict of Kimball, I was trying to figure out what was different about him, and then it hit me, HELLO he has hair. I think that is the first time I have seen him with hair. Your family is so cute, I love the picts of you and C. so cute. Hope you guys are doign well!
Post a Comment