I love this time of year.
I always look forward to the smells of autumn.
I was snooping on a blog recently and found this recipe for gingerbread waffles.
It seemed the perfect recipe to welcome in the new season.
We tried them out for dinner tonight. They were sooo good.
Amberly was my helper in the kitchen and all smiles when everyone gobbled them up
and said they were yummy.
Gingerbread Waffles
3 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
2/3 c. dark brown sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. molasses
1/2 c. melted butter
syrup
powdered sugar
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. In another bowl beat the eggs and brown sugar til fluffy. Add pumpkin, milk, molasses, and melted butter to eggs and sugar. Stir dry ingredients into wet just until mixed together. Do not overmix. Brush waffle iron with additional melted butter and cook. Pour syrup on and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment