
There will be more to come, but I took a moment to post some pictures of our day yesterday. On Thursday, October 16th 2008, Emmalin Marie Clark was born. She was 6 lbs 14 oz (rounding up) and 19 inches long. She is amazing!
Tiffin did not like the camera in the room. She gave me one of her famous Wilkins "looks". (By the way, that is a before picture)
I also saw her strength yesterday. What she went through to bring Emmalin into this world was ultimate sacrifice. I thought the doctors were going to break Tiffin in half getting Emmalin out. She grinned through it and deserves all the praise in the world. I have always known that she would go the ends of the earth for our family and yesterday I looked at her face as she did just that. Good job Tif.
As you can all see, Emmalin has dark curly hair and she is very strong. The picture below is of when the nurse set her on her belly to help drain her lungs (at this point she is about 10 minutes old) and she pulled her arms up and lifted her head off the table. The nurse pulled everyone over to see it. I thought she was going to do some pushups. I am a proud Dad.
(Thank you all for your calls and messages of support. It means a lot to feel that.)
13 comments:
She is beautiful! At least that's what I though for the 3 seconds I got to see her last night.
AND she's a Wilkins! Of course she's tough!
Congratulations to your family! She is a beautiful little girl!
CONGRATULATIONS Clark family! I'm excited that she's finally here! I can't wait to meet her!
She's so beautiful! Congratulations! Wish we could see her in-person!
She is beautiful! I love her name! Your kids have great names! :)
What a strong and beautiful baby! And so lucky to be in such a great family! Tiffin, I recognize that bed as the one I was in while I waited for my c-section with Rachel too. Fun memories....
Congratulations on your sweet little girl's arrival. :) Gosh, rest up, Tiffin, and take care of yourself. If you need anything please give me a call (623-547-6212) - I am home pretty much all day and can run errands or do whatever for you. :) Kelli Fitzgerald
Hey Guys! CONGRATS GUYS! We couldn't be more thrilled for you. She is gorgeous.
-Haggard Fam
What a trooper! I love your post about Tiffin, it actually made me teary, she is such a great mama! I am so happy you have your little baby girl, She is so beautiful! Thanks again for keeping tabs on the pool and all. It is such a stressful thing to be away from the house and not there to take care of things, we REALLY appreciate it! We miss you guys. Skyler catches lizards all the time here and wishes Gage lived next door so they could talk about lizards and bugs. Tell Tiffin we said hello!
Tiffin, I just love the picture of you! Was that fear or excitement? LOL And of course the baby is just perfect!
OMGoodness! She is beautiful!!! Congrats you guys!
She was born just a day after my birthday, that's way cool. Congrats on your new edition, she's perfect!
Post a Comment