Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nell Erma Hansom August 17, 1912 - March 14, 2011

It's hard to find the right words. This is one amazing woman who left quite a legacy.
6 children, 31 grandchildren, 95 great grandchildren, and 24 great-great grandchildren. She found joy in our happiness. I often said she was my hero.

On March 14, 2011 she returned home to our Heavenly Father. I'm sure it was a glorious reunion in Heaven with Grandpa Hansom and all of her loved ones that had gone on before.

She was 98 years old when she passed. In her later years she liked to tell people that she was older than she was because it sounded more impressive. It amazes me to think of all that she had seen during her lifetime.

She taught by example. She had great faith. She loved to laugh. She loved her family.

Although she will be greatly missed, we are grateful that she is no longer in physical pain, and that she is happy. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
The Grandsons carrying Grandma to the gravesite.
Emmalin found a comfy seat...Grandpa's foot!
At the luncheon Uncle Andy asked for all of the Grandchildren to come up.
He gave to each of us a crisp $2 bill. This was so sweet and touching. Every year for our birthdays and Christmas, Grandpa and Grandma would give us a crisp $2 bill.
She was truly a wonderful woman. I hope to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and faithful church member that she was. I hope that she will be as proud of me as I was of her!

No comments: