The first cost me nothing! It was actually came to be because of a mistake I made. I have had this wreath for many years. I had this great idea to wrap it around the light hanging over the kitchen table. Well it didn't work as planned and so we came up with a new idea. Luckily our last name starts with "C". So now we have a monogrammed wreath hanging on our front door.

I wanted the living room to be Christ centered and calm. The room is already green, with black, brown, and white accents. For Christmas we added silver and red berries. These white trees were so simple to make. I used styrofoam cones, spread them with glue, and then rolled them in that fake snow stuff. I set them on top of $1 glass candlesticks.

I LOVE this little Nativity. I ordered the unfinished wood and painted it myself. The silver star in the background I made out of poster board and paint. I LOVE barn stars but I'm to frugal to pay for them just to decorate for Christmas. Maybe one day when we are rich, HA HA! You'll see a few more stars in the some of the pictures farther down.

This is my wall decor that hangs year round but we added some ornaments and my FAVORITE Christmas pictures of my kids. We took these pictures a few years ago for our Christmas card.

I really like the Subway art that is out in blogland and so I made some of my own.

This garland hangs in the living room window. The frames are from the dollar store. They were originally gold. I painted the frames white, distressed them, and put a nativity silhouette in them. The stars are made from cereal boxes, sheet music, and glitter. I used the same ornaments hanging from my wall decor hooks to embellish the garland. Actually the ornaments are all throughout the room.

My Family Room and Kitchen are all decked out in red, green, and Santa! This is a sign I painted to sit on top of my stove.

More subway art.

I LOVE plates. Normally the plates up on this wall are aqua and orange. Not exactly Christmas colors! Fortunately I only needed to purchase a few more to have enough to go on the wall. The blocks below are made from a $3 piece of wood that I bought from LOWES. They even cut it for me. I hand painted the letters on which is pretty obvious, but oh well!

I used more styrofoam cones from the dollar store and sparkly twine to make these. So easy.
After decorating above my kitchen cabinets I realized that I needed something somewhat tall and wide to fill a gap. Again, the cereal box stars came to the rescue. I painted them red, used distressing ink, and splattered a little bit of white and brown paint on them. Glued them to wooden skewers that I had also painted red and stuck them in foam core board. It filled the space PERFECTLY! Here's the link for the 5 pointed dimentional stars that I used.





2 comments:
Your Christmas decor is beautiful! You are way ahead of me! My tree is still in a box in the closet, and it honestly doesn't look like I will have a chance to get it out for a week or two. I love, love, love how your dimensional stars turned out! Thanks for the link back!
~Amanda
Wow--Tiffin--you were doing all this posting when i called you this AM. I am so impressed. These decorations are just wonderful, beautiful and full of the spirit. I love it all. I want to be like you when i grow up!!!!! I love you so much.--Mom C
Post a Comment