Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another Craft Post

So, I have a HUGE project on my "to do" list. I need/want to paint my piano. It is the ugliest thing but I am so grateful to have it. I have researched how to go about it and bought all of my supplies. But, I am SCARED!! So while I work up the nerve to get my piano painted I work on smaller projects. Here are a few that I have done recently.
Have you checked out Picnik.com. All you do is upload a photo and they have all of these fun enhancing tools. I uploaded a picture of my kids and turned it into a pencil scetch. Cute.
I finished this and it hangs proudly by the front door. I used the same hymn book pages that I made my wreath with (in my last craft post) to make the flowers.
Silhouettes of my children. I have made silhouettes of them before, but it's amazing how quickly they change in just over a years time. Emmalin looked like Alfred Hitchcock in her first one. It was time for a change. This time I used green toile fabric for my mats and glued on some glass beads.

This isn't anything fancy (nothing I make is). I painted the mats that came with the frames orange. I LOVE orange! I took some of the wording from "The Proclamation to the Family" and fiddled around with it on the computer until I came up with this.

I made a couple of topiaries to flank my kitchen window. Some of you might recognize that green fabric from my Statue of Liberty costume last Halloween. I'm all about repurposing!
I call this my "bloomin onion". Just pieces of canvas glued down in a circular pattern.
I keep my apothocary jar full of "pumpkin spice" Hershey's kisses. I buy a year supply of them at Halloween time. Not only are they yummy, they are ORANGE! Again, I love orange! I'm sure you have seen the apothocary jars all over blogland. So easy to put together with a jar, wooden finial, and a candlestick.

Pillows! I have an unnatural obsession with pillows and plates. Anyways, I was looking through a fabric remnant bin and found this orange fabric for .60 cents. The pillow covers went together so quickly. It was fun to twist the rosettes into shape.
I went to a girls night recently and we worked on vinyl projects. Everyones projects turned out so cute. This is mine. It took FOREVER to pick all of those tiny windows out.

I decided to try my hand a free-handing these wooden signs. One for my kitchen and one for my laundry room. They aren't perfect, which is the look I'm going for...right?!
Well, now I need to go and get my paino done. Wish me luck. I guess it really can't look any worse than it does now. We shall see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So inspiring!

Brenda said...

You're so crafty! I love it! My mother-in-law took a class on refinishing once and her final project was a piano. So if you get stuck give her a call haha

Grammy Suzzy said...

Tiffin, I just love all the things you do!!! Your home must be just lovely! I cannot say enough good things about everything!

Heather said...

I need to get some lessons on crafting from you, I keep seeing all the cute things you make, and think I really would like to do something like that for my house. I have no idea where to start though. I think you would be a great teacher. Would you be willing to help me? I really could use it.