Monday, June 28, 2010

Piano Before and After (almost)

A friend of ours had this piano in her home for 7 years. She rescued it from a school dumpster. She saved enough to buy a brand new piano and wanted her old piano to go to a good home. She called us and told us it was seriously the ugliest piano but it sounded good. She was right on both accounts. It was SERIOUSLY ugly but it sounded good. Well after doing some research on the internet I was finally ready to TRY and give it a makeover. Check out these before pics. Deep scratches and gouges. Stickers on it. Key tops chipping off. Ugh! I had my work cut out for me for sure!






It's still not gorgeous. There are some areas that I need to sand and paint again. And we are waiting for the key tops which I think will really help. But here it is for now. Even though it's not perfect at least it's an improvement from what it was! For now it will do and will sit proudly in our living room while we save our pennies for a new one!

5 comments:

Anna Elledge said...

It looks so good!! I will definetly need pointers when I get started on mine!

ashley said...

love..love..love! you did a great job tiffin! i would totally LOVE to change mine to black...maybe that's my next project...hmmm.
Oh and yay for you guys! and new pool! :)

ashley said...

i mean "a new pool"

the W* family said...

You did a great job! Looks wonderful!

Lindsay said...

so awesome Tiff! I've been on the hunt for a used piano. if and when I get one I may need some pointers!