Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Father/Son Camp Out 2010

(Posted by Kimball)
We went to Rocky Park, which is just south of Flagstaff, AZ. It was our Father/Son campout. Gage and I were not able to go with our ward this year, so we went with Jordan his boys and my Dad. It was a special experience to go with our Papa as he and Mommer are going on a mission to Monterrey, Mexico Temple in September and it was our last chance to go with him for a couple of summers. Rocky Park was the place last year were we found all those AZ Tree Frogs. There were so many last year, the ground was covered with them. This year, there was nothing. Maybe a few tadpoles. But, as Clarks do, we found some pretty cool stuff. Enjoy...


Gage and a Garter Snake


Kimball's new earrings.



Some creepy looking albino cricket.

Skink again...

The only frog we found.

Gage and his Papa on a "Goiter" Oak

Southwestern Fence Lizard aka Bernard
Gage caught 2 of these all by himself! Makes me proud!


Jett with his new friend

Giant Diving Beetle larvae, it looked like the bug from MIB.
Jayden caught this thing. He is a natural!

Awesome water spider
I am not a fan of spiders. They creep me out big time, but I had to get a picture of this guy. He is so cool looking despite the creepy.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Are you sure those are new earrings? I'm sure I've seen them before.

Kimbosa said...

Yep, they are new. Same family, different species.