Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Insanity!!!!

I call it my insanity but actually, I think crafting is what keeps me sane. Once the kids are in bed for the night or during naptime, out come my supplies. The last month has been so fun! Here are some of the things I have made. I realized as I went around the house taking pictures of my projects that I really have done a TON! Crazy... must be why I am so happy! (in fact, Kimball commented that he hadn't even noticed me PMSing this month--that's HUGE for me! Sorry, too much info)

I blame this insanity on blogland. There are soooo many great ideas out there. Everytime I get on the computer I find a new project (or three or four) to add to my list. Most of my projects are inspired or completely copied from something I see in blogland. My favorite sites are... tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com, shanty2chic.blogspot.com, vanessachristianson.com, theidearoom.blogspot.com, thrifydecorchick, shabbynest.blogspot, and U-creat.blogspot.com

This is my Family Home Evening board. I ordered my vinyl, painted my board, and made cute little photo hangers. Our Family RulesI have been wrapping jute around EVERYTHING!!I made this wreath using the pages of an old hymnbook. Originally I made it for Christmas but liked it so much I left it hanging. I made that apothocary jar too. I found a pack of coordinating scrapbook paper on sale. I used spray adhesive to glue them to MDF boards.
I don't know what to call this thing-a-ma-jig. But it was fun to make and I like anything monogrammed.
Years ago, my parents gave us this calendar for Christmas. I love it! We write all of our family birthdays on it. It had a black frame that just didn't look quite right in my kitchen. I decided to paint it an antique white and then distress it. I also made glass marble magnets for the numbers.

I realized that I didn't have any Valentines decor. So.... I made these frames...
This garland...
and this topiary.
The picture is sideways but I think you can tell what these are. Pillows! I LOVE Toile!

I have been seeing these dessert stands everywhere. So I looked through my cupboards and found these items and glued them all together. It's just kind of silly, but I like it!

This mirror was done the same as the calender. It was brown and just didn't quite go. So I painted and distressed it.
My kids enjoy playing checkers. Originally I thought I would paint the checkerboard right onto the coffee table. I chickened out and painted it on a square piece of wood. They have been having the best time with it and sharpening their skills.
This one is a still unfinished. I needs something in the middle. I'm just not quite sure what yet. Maybe plexiglass with pictures behind it. Maybe just a pretty sheer ribbon wrapped around and tied in a bow. Any ideas? For now it just holds some cute little glittery Valentine's hearts.
I have had fun making a dent in my crafting to-do list! I'm ready to tackle some more!

9 comments:

Anna Elledge said...

You are so crafty!! We should get together and do one someday. The kids can play and we can get our craft on!!

zippy said...

OMWord...'wow' just doesn't cover it! I've ALWAYS admired you, NOW...I am in sheer AWE!!! You are AMAZING! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all that you've shared in this post--thanks for the great ideas! : ) Someday maybe I'll get some fun crafts finished up, maybe.

Stephanie said...

WOW!! You are awesome! I don't think I've done that many crafts in my entire life, let alone in the span of a few months! You rock! Thanks for sharing your favcorite blog sites!

Kristi said...

I remember your PMS! Sounds like a good month

Grammy Suzzy said...

Tiffin, I just LOVE all the wonderful things you have created. I have loved these items on their original blogs, and you have done just a superb job on everything! How do you do it, while being such a great wife and mommy! Amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!! When you were telling me about it you didn't do it justice! Everything is BEAUTIFUL! And thank you for sharing your sites! I agree with Anna, we should totally get together and craft! You bring the ideas... :-)

ashley said...

tiffin-- i love you!

these are awesome, amazing, beautiful things you've created that i so want to try!!

Kellie said...

This just proves my point. I need your help at my house- could you be my personal decorator? You're so crafty!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Tiffin, I lived next to you for like 3 years and had no idea that you were so crafty. You are like a younger Martha Stewart, WOW! I love everyone of those projects!