Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mommy's Birthday

I have such a sweet little family! The night before my birthday I overheard my children planning out the day. They decided to wake up early and set out the presents and cards they had made and wrapped, set the table for breakfast without being asked, and then make a cake for me. It was fun to lay in bed for a little while the next morning and listen to their excited whisperings to each other. They ran into a problem making the cake when they realized they aren't allowed to use the oven! They decided to ask for a little help. I told them that I didn't need a cake, all I wanted was for them to get along with each other and be helpful the WHOLE day!! They didn't like this plan as much. So we made a cake. We all worked together and got it baked. They each chose 1 color of frosting (Gage-green, Amberly-pink, Carrigan-blue) and then they went to town. I was told to leave the kitchen and no peeking! They couldn't wait to show me their masterpiece! I have never seen so many sprinkles on one cake in my life!!!

Kimball took half the day off from work and so we all just played!! We went out to dinner (which is one of my favorite things to do, because there is no clean-up!) and for a little shopping. Everyone was extra kind and helpful on this day. It was such a fun, relaxing, easy day!! Thank you to my sweet family. You are the BEST!!!!

4 comments:

Karin said...

Your kids are so sweet. I'm so glad you took a picture of your cake! that is priceless! By the looks of the candles, you are about 22? You only look like 21~love ya!

ashley said...

yummy cake! that is the sweetest thing to hear your kids planning your birthday. they get that sweetness from their mommy. happy birthday!

Kimbosa said...

It was a great day! Thanks family!

Shelbey said...

Perhaps a cake business in the works...? I think it'd be a hit!