Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!

We like to celebrate any and every holiday around here. Cinco de Mayo is no exception. We started our evening with a Mexican feast! Pork and carmelized onion flautas, spanish rice, refried beans, chips and salsa, and fried ice cream. YUM! We ate our dinner listening to Spanish music for ambiance. The kids said they felt like they were in a restaurant!

While the kids were at school, Emmalin and I made a few decorations and a pinata. We didn't do the whole paper mache thing. It was far from fancy, but it did the trick. We used a paper grocery bag and covered it with tissue paper. I really didn't think it would take long to break the thing. I figured it wasn't very strong. I was wrong!
The pinata wouldn't break! The kids each had several turns and nothing happend except for some of the tissue paper came off. So Kimball took matters into his own hands...
Finally!!!

No comments: