Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blue and Gold

We attended our first Blue and Gold Banquet tonight. The leaders really put together a fun night for the boys and their families. The theme was "Happy 100th Birthday BSA". We dined on pizza, nachos, and popcorn while surrounded with colorful balloons and streamers. Each of the boys were asked to make a cake. The cakes were amazing. These boys went all out!

Here is Gage with the "camping" cake he made. (Mom baked the cake but Gage did all the decorating). Excellent job Gage! I think the chocolate rocks were our favorite part of the cake. Here are some of the other cakes. Aren't they great! Go boys!
And more cakes...
And more cakes...
and more. (I wish I had pictures of all the cakes. This is just a sampling.)
Carrigan and her friends drumming on their cups while waiting for things to start.
Amberly was drumming too.Sister Kerr, our Cub Master, saying goodbye to Sister Schank who has been released as Scout Committee Chair. I was recently called as the new Committe Chair. I hope I can measure up, Zoila is fabulous and has left big (huge) shoes for me to fill.
The boys made a tunnel with their neckerchiefs for Sister Schank to pass through.
Gage participated by helping to fold the flag in a "13 fold ceremony".
The boys and their leaders made a quilt. Tonight they presented it to the Bishop.
It was a wonderful night. Thanks again to our awesome scout leaders. We are so blessed to have you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed! It was such a fun night! They get better every year!

Amanda said...

Awesome cake Gage! Kade thinks it is really cool.

Lindsay said...

Amazing cake Gage!!! You're growing up so fast!!!