Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th of July Fun!!

We enjoyed a fun holiday! The kids woke up to find "firecrackers" hanging from the ceiling. When they pulled the string confetti and little treats spilled down over them!!

For breakfast we had red and blue pancakes (warning-- we discovered that this turns your poop a funny shade of bright blue! Sorry if this is TMI).

We then got dressed into our red, white, and blue and headed to the movies. It was fun to watch the new Ice Age movie with all of the Clark family!! The kids love spending time with their cousins!


The 4th wouldn't be the 4th without a yummy BBQ! Thanks Mommer and Papa. The food was fabulous!
Next came swimming!! It's fun to watch the men in the family become boys! They were catching the ball midair as they jumped from the diving board. Karin has a pretty good arm! They made human totem poles-- and giant waves for the kids! The kids had a blast. There was always a line for the diving board!! Even Gage got in on the action. Wow-- who is this kid!?! He is a different boy this summer and we are loving it!



Next came Karin's yummy treats--homeade ice-cream sandwiches!! Mommer and Papa gave a little lesson and reminded us all of why we celebrate the 4th of July in the first place. The kids marched around the house with their flags as we sang patriotic songs.


We ended the evening watching fireworks from Mommer and Papa's backyard. It was a fun day for all and we look forward to next year! (Well maybe not Carrigan-- poor girl was eaten by ants!!! Her little feet are still swollen!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. I wouldn't want to go on those hikes either!

Anonymous said...

Oh our boys are so similar in their love for nature, hiking, bugs, lizards, scorpions, the works! Looks like a great 4th, you are so awesome Tiffin, I love your creative ideas for ALL of the holidays. We miss having you guys as neighbors too. Has anyone bought the house yet? I know it was up for auction quite a while ago. I still can't believe it got to that point. I can't dwell on it anymore though. We will just have to work at building our credit back up again. Hope you guys are doing great! Your kids are seriously cuter everytime I see them, I don't know how that is possible because they were so cute to begin with. Emmalin(sorry if I spelled it wrong) is absolutely beautiful, I can't believe those LONG eyelashes! Enjoy the rest of your summer, when do your munchkins start school? Ours start Aug 17th.