Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Little Imaginations

I'm always amazed at the creativity and imagination that children have. Oh how I wish I could get that back. Remember the days when you could take a cardboard box and turn it into an afternoon activity! I enjoy watching my children and the fun things they come up with. I try to provide little projects and things for them to do but they aren't nearly as fun as the things they come up with on their own! It hurts my pride a little bit, but I think I'll get over it. It's also fun to listen in on the conversations that go on. Oh, the DRAMA!! Here are a few of the things they have recently done. I wish I had taken more pictures of their ideas over the years but you get the idea...

Gage wanted a forest for his G.I. Joe's. This is what he came up with. Artificial plants, paper trees and bushes, and plastic animals from his collection.

At the beginning of summer we built a castle out of boxes. The girls have taken it over and it is now a dollhouse. They have colored all of the walls and floors inside. It is truly of work of art!

All of our kids love dress up. The girls in their fancy dresses and jewelry and Gage in anything from Luke Skywalker to a Ninja Turtle. But they also enjoy dressing up their Dad. Kimball is such a good sport!!

They have turned our swing set into a pirate ship. They tell each other to "walk the plank" which is actually the slide. If you walk outside they greet you with "ahoy there, Matey!"

They like to see if they can use every single mega block to make some sort of large building. Gage usually wants it to be skyscraper and the girls a princess castle.

This is one I can only handle every once in a while because of the NOISE!! They get out bowls and pans and boxes and make a band. Emmalin even gets in on this one. They even named their band "EGAC" (It is the first initials of their first names combined).

To some this might look like a water slide. You climb up the ladder and then slide down. Don't be fooled- to these kids it is a fortress that has to be protected! They turn into seamonsters and all kinds of other creatures. Anyone that comes near gets soaked!

2 comments:

Sommer said...

It is so fun watching kids do their kid thing. By the way, who's awesome water slide is that? That looks like a lot of fun!

ashley said...

I can just hear those cute giggles your kids have as they dressed up Kimball. I really enjoyed this post-so cute!!