Monday, April 6, 2009

Our General Conference Report--We failed miserably... (but oh the fun we had)

Our kids weren't all that enthused about watching General Conference (honestly, what kid is). So Kimball and I wanted to make it a little more exciting and enjoyable for them. We were hoping that in doing so we would be able to sit back, watch, and be uplifted. YA RIGHT!!

We decided to make a REVERENCE FORT. The kids were so excited! We built the fort, filled it with paper, crayons, snacks, pillows, etc.

It worked pretty well for the first hour. Then the unthinkable happended...THE FORT COLLAPSED!! As we rescued the kids from the ruble, it turned into a GIANT PILLOW FIGHT!!!!! Right in the middle of General Conference. WE HAVE SOME REPENTING TO DO!!

The kids eagerly waiting for Conference to start

Help!!!

2 comments:

ashley said...

okay I've tried many forts with my kids and NONE have looked like this one - impressive! nothing is more uplifting then a pillow fight, right?!? at least your kids lasted an hour, I think we got through the opening prayer...

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest fort I have ever seen, you just put our conference fort to shame. Our kids had to lay in ours because it was so low. It was great seeing you yesterday, hope you guys have a great Easter!