Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Evil parents or just really, really smart...you decide!!!


Normally, we spend Labor Day weekend with the Wilkins family in Pinedale. This year the doctor advised us not to go because of the contractions I have been having. We were so disappointed. It is always so fun to be with family, playing outside in cooler temperatures.


Instead we told the kids that on Labor Day we labor the whole day!!! We work really hard and get things done around the house. They believed us and got right to it. We got our house sparkling inside and out. Finished all the yardwork, washed both cars, spotlessly cleaned all bedrooms, vacuumed, dusted, mopped, scrubbed, etc. This is normal stuff to do around the house but the abnormality came because there were NO complaints. They sang and laughed and had a great time. We were finished by early afternoon and they were sad because there was no more laboring to do!!!


I wonder how many years of this we have left before they catch on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow now that is using your noggin! I am glad they did it with a smile, I don't know if Skyler would go for that one, hopefully you will have a few more years where that will work, heck why not tell them it is Labor Day once a month, could work, couldn't it?...