Sunday, August 17, 2008

Contractions...

Kimball and I had a little scare over the weekend. Friday I started feeling contractions. (I am only 30 weeks) Saturday afternoon they hadn't stopped so we dropped the kids off at Mom and Dad Clarks and headed for the hospital. Apparently I was pretty dehydrated which helped to bring on the contractions. I told Kimball that it was ironic-- I am always telling people to drink water, drink water, drink water and then I was the one sitting in the hospital hooked up to an I.V. After 3 liters of fluid they still couldn't stop the contractions. I was given a dose of terbutiline, still they didn't stop. The medication made my heart rate go up too much and they decided to try a different medication. The contractions finally stopped but my heart rate wouldn't come down. After a few hours they decided to release me with instructions to take it easy. It is not bed rest but pretty close. Anyhow I go to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully everything will go well from here out.

Kimball and I joked that it was like a date. We were out alone, we had a babysitter, he bought me dinner (ran to Wendy's), and we had entertainment (the Olympics).

1 comment:

Jay said...

Yea I had one of those dates a few days ago. Why do the husbands always get stiffed? On my "date" I was running to the bathroom every ten minutes but got the shaft and got to sit in a hard chair while Ashley got the posturpedic sleep number adjustable mattress. Of course no one touched my genitles, so I don't know, I guess that evened things out a little. Glad you are doing a little better Tiffin. Hang in there soldier.