Monday, February 11, 2008

My attempt to be like Nathan

Fear Not…

The line of cars is long
On the backups of life.
There are potholes of wrong
And streetlights of strife.

What is this direction I go,
At the speed that I live?
“Look out below!”
Choice flows through a sieve.

“Fly a kite in the rain”
Says the constable kind.
He betrayed you again,
I hope you don’t mind.

Who do you depend on,
For your pain and joy?
Is it Lover or Mom,
Or a small infant boy?

I have not learned much
Living life in the dark.
Can’t see past my crutch
Not even The spark.

But when I close my eyes
And think of the light.
It breaks the dark ties
And gives me the fight.

What’s the opposite of fear?
It’s so hard to spot.
Believe and not see?
Keep it simple; Fear Not.

The clichés I’ll avoid
They don’t capture the feel
I get a little annoyed
When I share what they steal.

Now here comes the thrust
Of this ramble I voiced.
What’s the one thing to trust?
It is your own “Free Choice”

Do not fear the power
This one thing can wield.
Understand and not cower,
Choice is your unbreakable shield.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Wow Kimball! You have the Harold Glen/Joe in you. I was totally impressed with this poem.
I'm working on my blog - I'll send it along when it's up! love ya

Kimbosa said...

Ash, I just saw that you posted here. Thank you much. This is just something that I did a few years ago, and never shared with anyone. Kinda fun to do. So thanks.